Use & Care
Keeping Your Furniture Beautiful
Quality furniture is a significant investment expected to last for years on end. To maintain its beauty & help it last, furniture needs the right care, as no finish is totally indestructible. However, with regular care, the finish will last much longer, providing years of enjoyment to you.
Tips to Protect & Care for Your Furniture
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight, as sunlight causes fading.
- Avoid extreme changes in temperature by arranging furniture away from radiators, heat & air vents & air conditioning units.
- Avoid placing plastic or rubber materials (lamp bases, notebooks, placemats, etc.) on your furniture, as certain plastics contain ingredients that may damage the finish.
- Periodically rotate accessories on furniture so they do not sit in the same spot all the time.
- Use pads, cloth or felt to protect the furniture surface from plastic, rubber, hot dishes, beverages, bookends, flowerpots & vases.
- Clean up spills immediately, using a blotting rather than a wiping action, as water left over a long period of time will cause white spots in the finish and/or damage. Alcohol, perfume, after-shave & medications can cause severe finish damage.
- Use a protective pad when writing on the furniture surface.
- Lift & place objects rather than dragging them across the furniture surface.
- Avoid placing furniture directly under windows.
- Use cutting boards and trivets for food preparation in order to avoid damaging the top for the unit.